Monday, June 16, 2008

So, we had a great Father's Day weekend. Friday we just stayed around home and played the Wii. I found out we have a junior bowler on our hands..Lucas was throwing strikes and picking up spares left and right. As a result of how impressed we were with Lucas, Matthew went into "I can't do it" and got very frustrated. Matthew definetly needs more encouragement than Lucas.

Saturday we dropped the boys off at Derrick's mom and dad's house at 8:00. Then, it was off to catch a ride with my parents to Wright State University for my youngest sister's graduation. Lindsey was amongst about 1500 students in green caps and gowns. The traffic was amazing, the ceremony was 2 1/2 hours. The honorary doctorate recipient droned on and on, thinking she was very funny. After some hints of applause, she continued talking. Finally, just when we thought she was done, she led to another point which was met with groans from the audience. It was all worth it to hear Lindsey's name announced and watch her walk across the stage to get her diploma. Afterwards, it was to Wendy's for a quick lunch and back to my parents' house for a shrimp boil. We picked up the boys and they played in a giraffe pool my parents had bought. They had a great time. They kept saying, "who wants to kiss the giraffe?" As they put their face up to the giraffe, the one who was next to the spigot turned it up all the way and splashed water full force at the other's face. We had to leave just as dinner was on, as we had to celebrate my father in law's birthday Saturday as well.

Sunday was church, and our first congregational meeting. We are researching other lease space in town as we are growing and need a bigger area. Afterwards, it was home for lunch and then off to Kohl's to pick up a few things. When we returned home, we took our bike trainers out for a ride. They boys love riding on those. We rode the perimeter of the whole subdivision, about a 35 minute ride. Long enough when you are pulling about 43 pounds behind you. Sunday night my parents came over for dinner and so Derrick could cut my dad's hair. We talked them into playing the Wii, and they really liked the bowling game, too.

Today was much laundry and cleaning since we are leaving for PLI in Phoenix tomorrow. We have to leave the house at 5:30 am to get to the airport on time. I worked at school a bit, and then took the boys to their sports program at Sports Ohio. They learned dribbling and kicking of the soccer ball tonight. However, the highlight of the time was when the kids got to play on the air bouncy equipment at the back of the gym. Of course, the free concession cup of juice they got at the end was a hit, too. They did very well following directions and catching on.

Well, I am off to bed. I need to be up and at 'em tomorrow at 4:30.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh, I feel so privileged!
And what a great picture of Matthew & Lucas!