Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why I Love My In-Laws..Reason 685

With the perfect husband, I suppose come the perfect in-laws. I love them..I always have, and I always will. I mainly love them because they love me-have loved me since we started dating my freshman year in high school, and have accepted me into their family. Derrick's mom always thought we'd end up together, and was on the verge of disowning him when he went through his "let's date many other girls" phase. Anyway, I digress. Another reason I love them is their generosity...and right now it is being shown through the pool. Yep, my in-laws got a pool...a real live, huge, permanent pool. See, we don't spend money on a pool pass for various reasons-including many of my former students who hang out there don't need to see me in a swimsuit-as well as I don't think keeping track of two boys who can't yet swim and an infant is my idea of spending the day in the sun. Keith and Patty got this pool, and we've been out several times. We won't be out much more this summer, as it's a bit chilly when it's in the 70s/low 80s to to go the pool. However, I am already looking forward to next summer when we can lounge at the pool after church on Sundays, and during the week!
Natalie chilling in her floatie. She loves the thing. Give her some cheerios, and she has it made!
Matthew playing in the pool.
Lucas showing off his floaties...what a cheeser!

No comments: